VICTORIA FALLS INVESTMENT AND TOURISM HUB OF ZIMBABWE AND AFRICA
Zimbabwe, strategically located in the heart of Southern Africa is home to the Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
Owing to its geographical landscape, the country has significant agriculture, forestry and tourism potential. The population is relatively distributed across the country. More densely populated urban areas.
Key Country Facts
|Official Languages:||English, Ndebele and Shona|
|Currency:||Multi Currency System|
|Population (2012est.):||12 973 308|
|World Population Rank:||72|
|Population Growth Rate (2012):||4.38%|
|Rank Population growth in Africa:||23|
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE TOWN
|Local languages:||Ndebele, Tonga, Nambia, Dombolo, Shona and Nyanja|
|Currency:||US$ Dollar [multi-currency economy].|
|Climate:||Generally warm to hot throughout the year.|
|Night life:||Casinos [fruit and slot machines] and night clubs and pubs.|
- Road: The town is linked to other towns and cities nationally through a good all weather road network.
- Through Zim-Zam boarder post [Zambia]
- Through Kasane border post [Botswana]
- Air: 24 international flights every week, 21 from Johannesburg and three from Namibia. These are complimented by daily flights from Harare by Air Zimbabwe.
- Rail: Access through overnight passenger train from Bulawayo and Safari train, Shongololo
- Sea : only through Namibia and South Africa
Communications: Accessible through broadband internet, fax, telex and cell phone.
- 1. A signatory to a number of environmental treaties
- Green destination certified
- UNESCO certified
Safety ratings: Certified as one of the safest and friendliest centres on the planet.